An electrical panel, meter box or fuse box, is responsible for distributing electricity to your home. While they may seem indestructible, like all other machines, these electrical systems will eventually wear out and must be replaced. The lifespan of a typical electrical panel is around 20 years. This article will outline five signs that indicate you must replace the electrical panels in Bellevue, WA.
- Flickering Lights: If you notice lights in your home are flickering, this could be due to an overloaded circuit or a failing breaker inside the electrical panel. In some cases, simply resetting the switch may clear up the problem. However, if this does not work, it may be time to upgrade the entire system.
- Frequent Circuit Breaker Tripping: When too much electricity is running through a circuit, it can cause the breaker to trip and shut off power to that area of your home. If this happens often or flipping the switch back on fails to reset the circuit, it could be a sign of a more significant problem.
- Burning Smells: If you smell burning behind or near the electrical panel, this could be due to faulty wiring and require professional assistance. It’s essential to call an electrician immediately if you notice any unusual odors in your home.
- Age: Have you had your electrical system for over 20 years? This is typically the lifespan of a meter box. Even if you do not notice any other problems, it’s probably time for an upgrade.
- Appliances Not Working: If your newer appliances are not getting enough power or shutting off randomly, this could be due to outdated electrical wiring in your home. It may be necessary to upgrade the electrical panel for these appliances to work efficiently.
If you have noticed any of the above signs, it’s essential to contact a certified electrician immediately. Only qualified professionals should attempt to install or replace the panel due to the potential safety risks. They will also assist in other aspects, such as custom light installation in Bellevue, WA.
Replacing an electrical panel is not a DIY job, so finding a trustworthy electrician is essential. The same applies to electrical remodeling in Bellevue, WA. If you have any concerns or questions, contact us at OutToday | Plumbing, Heating, & Electrical, and our experts can help ensure you stay safe and keep your power running smoothly. Call us at (425) 615-5000.